Spring is in full swing, bringing brighter mornings, longer evenings, and the anticipation of festival season. But before you can fully enjoy the festivities, there’s a significant challenge in your way — exam season.
Oooft, we just heard that sigh!
Don’t worry, we’ve compiled a little study guide to help you ace your exams using Kortext. Are you ready?
Okay, let’s dive in.
Where’s the best place to study?
Before we log into the platform, ensuring you’ve got the perfect study environment is a really important element to help you focus.
As you know, with Kortext, you can study anytime, anywhere but one of the ideal study environments is your university’s library.
The library often has quiet places that are well-lit and distraction free which will help you to focus the most, in addition, there are librarians there too!
Librarians are not just experts in finding the right books; they can also provide valuable support when you’re feeling stressed or overwhelmed. Don’t hesitate to seek their assistance; they’re there to help you!
If the library isn’t an option for you, try to find a comfortable, quiet space free from distractions. Creating such an environment will help you make the most of your study time.
Okay, so let’s log in to Kortext
Once you’ve logged in, you’ll land on your bookshelf and see several options at the top and side of your screen.
If you look to the left of your screen you’ll see groups, which is a great study tool you have at your disposal.
Collaboration is an excellent method of learning. With Kortext, you can study as a group remotely. An effective way to make the best use of Kortext’s group functionality would be to allocate set topics to each other and write notes to break them down to a memorable and understandable level.
You can also meet *IRL* to discuss concepts, test each other with cue cards and mark each other’s past papers. It works, trust us, we’ve been there.
No study buddy, no problem!
Once you’ve opened the book of your choice, you’ll enter our eReader, which has a whole host of tools available on the left-hand side of the screen to enrich your learning experience.
- The magnifying glass represents our search tool. Whilst in the book, you can search and navigate to specific words and phrases.
- By tapping on the icon with three lines and dots, you’ll be able to view the contents page of your eTextbook.
- The bookmark icon houses all of the pages you’ve bookmarked to return to at a later date.
- To export references, tap on the speech marks. You can export to Refworks or End Note.
- The pen icon houses all of the notes and highlights you have made within your eTextbook, allowing you to see them all in one place.
- Using the printer icon you can print out a select number of pages per book by tapping on that icon.
- To find out information about your book which may be useful for referencing, use this ‘i’ icon.
- To change the language of your book, tap on the settings icon.
How do I cope with exam stress?
We knew this question was coming.
First, you want to try and minimise your stress by preparing as much as you can ahead of time.
Next, you want to take care of yourself. Eat right, drink plenty of water, take breaks, exercise, get some sleep and treat yourself when you’ve achieved something.
If you don’t look after yourself, you won’t feel your best.
If you don’t feel your best, will you do your best?
And remember, feeling stressed is entirely normal. We’ve partnered with Student Minds and embedded a direct link to their Student Space within your Kortext Bookshelf to give you support when you need it most. We’ve shared how to avoid stress – but you can visit their site for tips on how to manage it.
That’s enough procrastination for you. You’ve now got everything you need to get going. What are you waiting for?