There are 3 Pillars within our Sustainability Policy – People, Commercial and Environment.
Kortext first and foremost is a people business rather than a technology business and our focus on People is demonstrated through People being one of our 4 organisational values. Within our HR strategy:
- We have introduced and are developing a programme to create opportunities for student ambassadors. Our ambassador programme gives us an opportunity to build relationships and invest in those who are still studying.
- We run training sessions for academic staff to ensure they have an opportunity to both learn and ask about the technology we are introducing into their learning environment.
- We have developed training materials for online learning for both students and academic staff as part of our initiative to encourage lifelong learning.
- We commit to providing opportunities to both students and graduates for both placements and permanent roles within our business where possible. Currently, around 10% of our permanent workforce are recent graduates.
- We continually review and amend our induction for new starters, who often come to us as graduates or undergraduates, in order to welcome them in and begin their training to ensure they are competent and confident to carry out their role.
- To provide opportunities around career progression for our existing staff we have developed an internal careers site.
- We encourage regular coaching and one-to-ones with new starters to ensure training needs are understood and responded to.
- We conduct an annual training needs analysis to ensure we understand the training needs of our workforce and evaluate the outcomes of training already delivered.
- As a business we regularly offer training courses and are in the process of widening the scope of this activity as our team numbers and business complexity grow.
- We ask our staff for feedback about their training and development in order to understand where and how we can improve.
- We ask our customers for feedback about their knowledge of our products and services so that we can deliver the right solutions to them.
As our business grows, we have become increasingly aware of the need for a sustainable supply chain and sustainable business practices. As a result, we are in process of developing our supply chains to ensure clarity and sustainability and reviewing how we contract with suppliers. Also:
- We ensure we have up-to-date and comprehensive contracts with our suppliers with clear commercial terms.
- We pay our suppliers within the agreed timescales.
- We check our suppliers to ensure compliance with our policies such as data protection and security.
- We invest in our systems to ensure we can produce the necessary information and reports to successfully work with our partners and customers.
- We invest in our relationships with our suppliers to ensure issues are quickly identified and resolved.
- We regularly review and adapt our approach and relationship with our suppliers.
Kortext is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the local and global environment. We operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, and we strive to use environmental best practices in everything we do. The key points of our strategy to achieve this are to:
- Minimise general waste and possible pollution by ensuring our operations are as efficient as possible.
- Actively promote re-use and recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
- Explore options for reducing digital waste using more energy efficient hardware and software, reducing where possible the volume of data held on servers, take steps to extend the life of the electronics we have purchased and recycle used electronics.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of our company vehicles and the source of our power requirements.
- Monitor energy and water use within our building and processes to conserve supplies and minimise the consumption of natural resources.
- Promote and invest in technologies that provide alternatives to business travel.
- As far as is possible, purchase products and services that are energy efficient and do the least damage to the environment including buying electronics that are certified by EPEAT or other appropriate body.
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Ask all suppliers for their environmental policies and, as appropriate, for evidence of implementation of such policies, and indicate that such performance will be used as criteria for supplier selection.
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into our decision making and business activities.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to our customers, suppliers and the public and encourage them to support it.
Our Board regularly review and revise our approach to Sustainability, setting goals and targets where appropriate and ensuring that we, as a business, are doing what we can and what is right in an ever- changing environment.
The Directors will take responsibility for ensuring that this statement is up to date.
Chief Financial Officer