Terrorism: The Basics is an ideal starting point for anyone interested in one of the most discussed, written about and analysed aspects of modern life. Common misconceptions are dispelled as the authors provide clear and jargon-free answers to the big questions:
- What does terrorism involve?
- Who can be classified as a terrorist?
- What are terrorists trying to achieve?
- Who are the supporters of terrorism?
- Can there ever be an end to terrorist activity?
These questions and more are answered with reference to contemporary groups and situations allowing readers to relate theory to what they have seen on the news. Written with clarity and insight, this book is the perfect first book on terrorism for students of all levels.