This first volume provides an original overview of Jung's work, demonstrating that it is fully compatible with contemporary views in science. It draws on a wide range of scientific disciplines including, evolution, neurobiology, primatology, archaeology and anthropology.
Divided into three parts, areas of discussion include:
- evolution, archetype and behaviour
- individuation, complexes and theory of therapy
- Jung's psyche and its neural substrate
- the transcendent function
- history of consciousness.
Jung in the 21st Century Volume One: Evolution and Archetype will be an invaluable resource for all those in the field of analytical psychology, including students of Jung, psychoanalysts and psychotherapists with an interest in the meeting of Jung and science.