Now in a fully revised and extended second edition, How to Teach Poetry Writing: Workshops for Ages 5-9 is a practical, activity based resource of poetry writing workshops for teachers of primary age children. Each workshop provides enjoyable activities for pupils aimed at building a thorough understanding of what poetry is and how to write it. Aiming to encourage speaking and listening skills, this book includes:
- three new workshops - Feelings, Licensed to Thrill and The Jumblies
- redrafting and revising activities
- poetry writing frames
- traditional and contemporary poems from varied cultures
- children's' own poems on their favourite subjects
- guidance on how to write poems
- word games and notes on performing poetry
- an A-Z Guide to Poetry.
Updated to include cross-curricular links and a new expansive bibliography, this book provides teachers with a wealth of material andall the necessary skills to create a class of enthusiastic poetry writers.