A Counseling Primer presents an introduction to the counseling profession that provides students with a foundation for success. This engaging and accessible text covers the core CACREP Standard of Professional Orientation with a comprehensive overview of the field. It:
- Anticipates the questions of beginning students with a series of chapters that ask who counselors (and clients) are, what counseling is, when and where it is practiced, and why counselors choose the profession.
- Introduces students to the basics of essential attending and listening skills.
- Challenges readers with case vignettes and discussion questions.
- Encourages self-reflection and offers skills for observation of others.
- Supports student learning with extensive pedagogical features and resources.
- Enhances the reading experience with a robust online instructor's manual.
This engaging textbook is full of useful features to enhance the learning experience. Each chapter includes ""points to ponder"